Let’s start at square one by actually understanding the definition of social media. Merriam-Webster defines social media as “forms of electronic communication through which users create online communities to share information, ideas, personal messages, and other content.” Small business marketing firm, Duct Tape Marketing defines social media as “the use of technology to co-create, know, like, and trust.” Now that we’ve defined social media a bit, how do physical therapists join the social media revolution?
Many physical therapists are clamoring for a simple “how-to” guide to market their clinics online. Something to help them overcome the common roadblocks. No time. No expertise.
We noticed a significant lack of marketing resources just for physical therapists, so we made our own! Our recent white paper on social media is for physical therapists ONLY! Highlights from the report include:
- Consider: In the report, we highlight some considerations for physical therapists before they jump into social media. We’ve done the work of learning the hard way. Learn from our experience.
- Differentiate: We give therapists some basic tips on how to differentiate your web presence. Each clinic is as unique as the people who work there (in a good way!). Your website and social media outreach should showcase the benefits of your clinic.
- Publish: Therapists are sage individuals. They have a lot of education and experience to share with patients and with the rest of the PT community. Blogging is a great format to share that expertise.
- Polish: There’s a lot of talk about elevating the PT profession. One way that therapists can polish their online presence and engage with patients is through Linkedin. We tell you want Linkedin is all about and why it matters to therapists.
- Engage: Your children use Facebook, and now you can, too! The difference is that you should use Facebook for your business. We believe that Facebook can actually be a great place for engaging therapy patients.
- Reach: For those therapists who’ve never even heard of Twitter, you’re among friends. The report shares some of the most basic elements of Twitter with a special “how-to” guide for small business to reach more prospects.
- Already a social media rockstar? If you’ve already started using social media, we share how to simplify and automate your sharing efforts. Less work anyone? That’s what we thought. You are welcome.
Again, check out our free white paper on social media for physical therapists for all the details.
Lindsay Bayuk is a blogger for WebPT, Inc. a Phoenix-based software company that has tripled in size over the last 12 months. WebPT develops Web-based documentation software for Physical Therapists. It is the easiest, most affordable, and most complete solution for physical therapy clinics on the market today. For more info, Web-based EMR for Physical Therapists.
- Top Marketing Mistakes Made By Physical Therapists share For most physical therapists, marketing is a challenge....
- Meet The Richest Physical Therapists In The World share Today, I want you to meet two physical...
- Real World Fitness and Physical Therapy Marketing share Technology helps bridge the gap between an impersonal...
- Successful Internet Blogging For Physical Therapists share This is an outstanding interview, and features one...
- Three Tips to Hire More Physical Therapists share In this post, I’m going to teach you...